[WSBARP] Sale of Real Property - Misrepresentation or Title Insurance?

Steve Tubbs steven.tubbs at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 08:36:57 PST 2016

As I mull over this, I have to wonder:  given the walk-around and title report, was the ‘error’ not in the legal contained in the PSA?  I am struck by the unilateral action of the Title/Closing Agent in making a determination on intent where there must have been something showing acknowledgement and approval of the description contained in the Commitment.  Certainly, a conflict between the documents existed; the question is how that conflict should be resolved.  There is nothing recited about the attitude of the Estate as to this ‘problem’, where the Representative clearly signed the SWD with the Pre-2013 legal.  Was that not their intent?  If so, a Correction Deed rescinding the unilateral action by the Title/Closing Agent should pose no problem.  I’d start with the Estate, and go from there.