[WSBARP] Deed Question

Rod Harmon rodharmon at msn.com
Wed Dec 7 08:19:32 PST 2016

Keil:
It sounds like some ignorant bureaucrat came up with that rule.  Don't they know that both kinds of deeds convey the property? And now the lowly city employee, who didn't make the rule, is just following the rule book.  Easier to comply with the stupid rule than to convince the lowly employee that the pointy-haired bureaucrat doesn't know what he's doing.  I'll bet the lowly city employee who is administering the stupid rule would be satisfied with a statutory warranty deed from LLC to Carl and dot.  Make sure to label it: Statutory Warranty Deed.
Now you have a different problem.  When you go to record the deed, the county treasurer will want real estate excise tax based on the assessed value.  So look at the WAC for the proper exception and put the appropriate language into the deed to meet it.

Rod Harmon

RODNEY T. HARMON
      Bothell, WA   98041
     Tel:   (425) 402-7800