[WSBARP] Ommission of Property Taxes in Title Report

Richard Holland rich at pnwle.com
Tue Dec 6 14:29:32 PST 2016

You’ll need to review a copy of the Escrow Closing Instructions or Settlement Instructions etc.  They may well say the Escrow Company is only obligated to remove items listed on the preliminary title report – which Parcel 2’s taxes were not.  They are not, to my understanding, under a mandated ‘inquiry notice’ where they should investigate the title report based on the listing of the other parcel in the legal description.  I suspect that while Title will have to eat it that going after the independent escrow is a waste of time but it depends on the paperwork.

Odd that it was missed by so many parties though.  When I see this it is usually because “Parcel 2” is actually a mobile home and not legally described but treated by the taxing authorities as real estate and no one thinks to look further into it and then the title company wants to avoid it because they disclosed there was a mobile home on the property without and eliminated title and the policy doesn’t cover those.

Sincerely,

Richard L. Holland

[logo-for-print.jpg]

733 7th Avenue, Suite 110
Kirkland, WA 98033
425-836-6240  / 425-748-3901 (fax)

BE AWARE!  Online banking fraud is on the rise.  If you receive an email containing a change in WIRE TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS call our office immediately to verify the information prior to sending funds.
** WE DO NOT CHANGE OUR WIRE INSTRUCTIONS**

The information contained in this communication, and in any attached document(s), is privileged and/or confidential, intended solely for the individual/entity to whom/which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately at the email address, mailing address, or telephone or fax number above.