[WSBARP] HOA Clubhouse Leasing

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:24:56 PDT 2016

Subdivision HOA owns a clubhouse that members are entitled to use.  But
single event liability coverage is too expensive for the HOA to purchase and
then pass on to the member who wants to rent the clubhouse for a single
event.  (New member to HOA relates a horror story of how a Florida HOA had
to make a special assessments of many tens of thousands of dollars to each
member to cover a lawsuit from a person who was injured at the Florida HOA's
clubhouse.)  I would sure like to see what clubhouse lease forms are out
there for comparison purposes.  I doubt that a member's individual
homeowners liability insurance would cover the member's liability for
renting out the clubhouse.  What do you guys use out there for
clubhouse/pool/anything rentals and may I see a form of your lease?  My
direct email is pneumiller at hotmail.com <mailto:pneumiller at hotmail.com> .
Many thanks.