[WSBARP] Condo lien waiver

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:40:25 PDT 2016

Listmates.   I would appreciate the collective thought on a housing question.  I may be over thinking this but I am concerned about fair housing issues or whatever else could be brought to bear.   The condo association has had significant issues with one Unit and its tenant.  As a result the association has a 12,000 lien against the Unit.   Unit is for sale and the Association is willing to waive the lien and forgive the debt if the Unit is sold for owner occupancy only.  This will not be a permanent restriction, just at the time of sale.  Any issues that you can see with the association offering to waive a lien in exchange for a warranty that the unit being owner occupied?   Thanks in advance for your input.

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091