[WSBARP] CC&Rs Arbitration Gurus

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:22:49 PDT 2015

Client won an arbitration against HOA construing a provision in the CC&Rs.
But Arbitrator didn't award atty fees in contra to CC&Rs.  Pursuant to RCW
7.04A.240, I want to move the court to confirm the judgment and to modify
the award of atty fees.  I am not sure how to read RCW 7.04A.260.  What does
"A court of this state having jurisdiction over the dispute and the parties
may enforce an agreement to arbitrate."  The initial issue was the
construing the CC&Rs (i.e. for example, are chickens allowed?) and I want to
confirm that ruling but move the court to modify the ruling to allow atty
fees (which are under $15K).  So which court has jurisdiction over this
matter?  District or Superior Court?  Sorry for such a basic litigation
question.