[WSBARP] Termination of Occupacy ?

Justin Monro justinm at monrolawfirm.com
Wed Oct 21 10:37:10 PDT 2015

Listmates:

Client terminated her lease on 9/19/15, landlord agreed sent a letter stating  that my client gave proper notice and move out date of 9/19/15 in landlord letter to client.

However, client retained keys until 10/1/15. Landlord's property manager states to me that client was in possession of premises until 10/1/2015 because my client had the keys to the unit.

My question is what is the actual vacate date 9/19/15 or 10/1/15?

Also, Landlord has retained all of the my clients security deposit. Security deposit appears not to be held in trust account. However, Landlord states in letter that she used it for cleaning and repairs, late fees and pet deposit? The unit has no damage. My client did a walk thru with property manager prior to termination and they approved of the premise. My client then cleaned the entire unit and hired carpet company to clean all the carpets.

Can the landlord retain the deposit  when my client already cleaned the unit/rental? The 14 days have elapsed by statue. Thoughts? Thank you.
Sincerely,

Justin K. Monro
Attorney at Law
The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc.
1830 Bickford Ave. Ste 204
Snohomish, WA 98290
P:360.863.3728
F:360.863.3985

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to The Monro Law Firm P.S. Inc. which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you think that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.