[WSBARP] Bank of America issue. . .

Kokie Adams Kokie at adamslawgroupnw.com
Fri May 8 13:22:38 PDT 2015

Hello Listmates:

Wondering if anyone has encountered this issue with Bank of America:

P.R. takes all necessary docs to Bank and opens Estate bank account and asks to have decedent’s accounts at
B of A closed and transferred into the estate bank account.  She was told, “no” all of decedent’s accounts will be frozen for a month while the legal paperwork is reviewed and “processed” through the Bank’s system and only then will the funds be unfrozen and transferred to estate account!  I have had many PRs use Bank of America and have never heard of this bank protocol.

To make matters even more frustrating, they will not allow her access to the decedent’s safe deposit box (she has the key) until the month long “review process” is completed – the box contains title sot vehicles that need to be moved and sold and who knows what else is in the box.

Any suggestions of the best approach to take to get my client access to the funds now – I plan to call the branch but expect to get nowhere.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Kokie Adams
[Adams-Logo-Print-300dpi-900wide]

Office:  425.774.0444 | Fax: 425.771.2711
kokie at adamslawgroupnw.com<mailto:kokie at adamslawgroupnw.com>
www.adamslawgroupnw.com<http://www.adamslawgroupnw.com/>

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW FIRM NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS