[WSBARP] Property Claim for Debt

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Mon Mar 30 16:53:54 PDT 2015

Good afternoon listserv,

I have a PC who finalized her *pro se *divorce against her no-show husband
by drawing a line through all community assets, including their home. Now,
surprise surprise, the ex husband has failed to make any support payment
for going on three years and is in arrears for $80,000.00. He has roughly
$50k in equity in the home. She wants to get him off the title now, and
wants to use at least a portion of his debt to do that. He cannot be
reached, apparently, and wants to actually do this through the Court
system. Potentially complicating things is that they still have about $100k
in a mortgage. Any thoughts on how we might be able to accomplish this?

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***