[WSBARP] Friday afternoon levity....Just when you thought you'd heard every question under the sun....

hhherman2 hhherman2 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 23:32:27 PDT 2015

In addition to whatever tort claim the person has, he/she can cause the mortician a lot of grief.

Chapter 18.39 RCW

EMBALMERS — FUNERAL DIRECTORS

RCW 18.39.410

Unprofessional conduct

(6) Refusing to promptly surrender the custody of human remains upon the expressed order of the person lawfully entitled to its custody under RCW 68.50.160 <http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=68.50.160> ;

In addition to the unprofessional conduct described in RCW 18.235.130 <http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.235.130> , the board may take disciplinary action and may impose any of the sanctions specified in RCW 18.235.110 <http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.235.110>  for the following conduct, acts, or conditions:

RCW 18.235.110

Unprofessional conduct — Finding.

(1) Upon finding unprofessional conduct, the disciplinary authority may issue an order providing for one or any combination of the following:

     (a) Revocation of the license for an interval of time;

     (b) Suspension of the license for a fixed or indefinite term;

     (c) Restriction or limitation of the practice;

     (d) Satisfactory completion of a specific program of remedial education or treatment;

     (e) Monitoring of the practice in a manner directed by the disciplinary authority;

     (f) Censure or reprimand;

     (g) Compliance with conditions of probation for a designated period of time;

     (h) Payment of a fine for each violation found by the disciplinary authority, not to exceed five thousand dollars per violation. The disciplinary authority must consider aggravating or mitigating circumstances in assessing any fine. Funds received must be deposited in the related program account;

     (i) Denial of an initial or renewal license application for an interval of time; or

     (j) Other corrective action.

Howard Herman