[WSBARP] Change of names

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Mar 11 11:39:23 PDT 2015

Several ways, but I think the easiest would be for the parents to recite, in the new deed, the grantees as "Son-new and DIL-new, husband and wife, who previously took title to an interest as son-old and DIL-old, husband and wife." That at least makes clear in a deed of record that the different names designate the same people.

Another way--once they receive the deed from parents, son and DIL execute a new deed to themselves, reciting both their old and new names as Grantors as above, and "for no consideration and merely to change the name in which title is held," name only their new names as Grantees.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC