[WSBARP] Short Platt developer and excited buyer

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Jun 24 11:37:15 PDT 2015

Thanks Robert
All of 108 assumes a transfer to a contractor as the first step.
Very interesting. 108 (4) b is the usual situation where the land owner transfers to the developer the larger parcel so it can be subdivided (and someone pays REET on the value of the bigger piece) and then gets back the one acre.
In this case the client is getting from the developer the larger piece, then in effect client (on paper) does the development short plat and then giving the remaining 7 lots (35 acres)  to the developer and he wants to just pay the REET on the value of the 5 acres.  Not sure that this rule would be applied?
108 (4) c seems closer but again the first transfer is to the developer not to the homeowner as in our case.   In looking at both of those, it seems like the REET on the transfer to the homeowner of the 40 acres must be based on the value of the whole ($35,000 x 5 = $175,000) not the $35,000 for the lot my client is actually wanting to purchase and  end up with??

108 (4) 7 doesn’t seem to fit either?

Josh

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law