[WSBARP] Mold In Rentals - Part II

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Wed Jun 24 06:40:49 PDT 2015

Howard – to hearken back to a favorite Aesop’s fable – it’s always a matter
of perspective as to whose ox is being gored.

http://mythfolklore.net/aesopica/bewick/14.htm

THE AMERICAN SPELLING BOOK, by Noah Webster (Wilmington: Bonsal & Niles,
1800?)

The Partial Judge (Aesop)
A FARMER came to a neighbouring Lawyer, expressing great concern for an
accident which, he said, had just happened.
“One of your oxen,” continued he, “has been gored by an unlucky bull of
mine, and I should be glad to know how I am to make you reparation.”
“Thou art a very honest fellow,” replied the Lawyer, “and wilt not think it
unreasonable that I expect one of your oxen in return.”
“It is no more than justice,” quoth the Farmer, “to be sure: but what did I
say? I mistake--It is your bull that has killed one of my oxen.”
“Indeed!” says the Lawyer, “that alters the case: I will enquire into the
affair; and if -"
“And *if*!” said the Farmer—“the business I find would have been concluded
without an *if* had you been as ready to do justice to others, as to
extract it from them.”
[*Note: the moral is*: *"The injuries we do, and those we suffer, are
seldom weighed in the same scales."*
[image: http://www.openface.ca/~dstephen/owl.gif] [image:
http://mythfolklore.net/aesopica/images_bewick/AOB061.gif][image:
http://www.pcabusers.com/imagez/jolly3.gif]