[WSBARP] Arbitration Converted to a Judgment?

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:31:56 PDT 2015

A little litigation guidance is appreciated here.  I recently won a private
binding arbitration decision for a client over a dispute about the proper
interpretation of a CC&R.  The arbitrator agreed with my interpretation and
the HOA needs to back off trying to enforce the CC&Rs using its erroneous
interpretation.  No attorney fees were awarded.  I vaguely recall that there
is a procedure to file the arbitration decision with the superior court.
Does it matter if there are no attorney fees to collect?  Would the
arbitration decision carry more weight (from a compliance standpoint), if it
was converted into a judgment?  Thanks for your guidance.