[WSBARP] UK Notary Acknowledgement

Dan Findley dfindley at millsmeyers.com
Fri Jan 30 10:23:24 PST 2015

An alternative that will provide better recognition/less questions in the United States is to make an appointment at a U.S. Embassy consular office if they are in or near London, Belfast or Edinburgh.  The consular offer notarization of documents.  You just have to make and appointment and provide documentation (passport, etc.)  In this case, your jurat may be:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland		)
City of London										)  ss:
Embassy of the United States	of America				)

Here is the link to the website: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/notary.html <http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/notary.html>

Otherwise, the notary jurat used in the U.K. is basically this format:

Sworn by [deponent's full name]    	)

AT                                                   	)

[Full address]                            	)

                                                     	)

                                                     	)           …………………………………

This [day]th day of [month] [year]

Before me

Public Notary/Commissioner of Oaths/Solicitor

Daniel G. Findley | vCard <http://www.mms-seattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Daniel-G._Findley.vcf>
Attorney

Mills Meyers Swartling P.S.
1000 Second Avenue, 30th Floor | Seattle, WA  98104
Direct: 206.812.7468 | Reception: 206.382.1000
dfindley at millsmeyers.com <mailto:dhowenstine at millsmeyers.com> | www.millsmeyers.com <http://www.millsmeyers.com/>

This e-mail is intended to be private.  It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not a person for whom the e-mail was intended, please notify me immediately and then permanently delete the e-mail, including any attachments, without copying or forwarding it.