[WSBARP] Lien Question

Mark Higgins markthiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:57:55 PST 2015

My understanding is that a regulation has to be properly authorized by a
statute or it is invalid.  I am more used to this principle in the arena of
IRS treasury regulations possibly being invalid as being beyond the scope
of the internal revenue code.​

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Clark, Catherine <Cat at loccc.com> wrote:

>  Listmates:
>

> May the state lien personal property based solely on a WAC where there is
> no underlying RCW which authorizes such a lien?
>

> Catherine C. Clark
>
> Law Office of Catherine C. Clark PLLC
>
> 701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4105
>
> Seattle, WA  98104
>
> Phone:  (206) 838-2528
>
> Fax: (206) 374-3003
>
> Email:  cat at loccc.com
>

> NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic information
> transmission is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
> employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
> copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this
> communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
> at (206) 838-2528. Thank you.

Mark T. Higgins
Mark T. Higgins, P.C.
P.O. Box 57