[WSBARP] filing transcript of judgment enough?

Andrew Hay andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net
Fri Jan 16 14:46:49 PST 2015

RCW 6.13.090 suggests recording the judgment is necessary.

RCW 6.13.090

Judgment against homestead owner — Lien on excess value of homestead property.

A judgment against the owner of a homestead shall become a lien on the value of the homestead property in excess of the homestead exemption from the time the judgment creditor records the judgment with the recording officer of the county where the property is located. However, if a judgment of a district court of this state has been transferred to a superior court, the judgment becomes a lien from the time of recording with such recording officer a duly certified abstract of the record of such judgment as it appears in the office of the clerk in which the transfer was originally filed. A department of revenue tax warrant filed pursuant to RCW 82.32.210 shall become a lien on the value of the homestead property in excess of the homestead exemption from the time of filing in superior court.

Andrew Hay
Hay & Swann PLLC
201 South 34th Street
Tacoma, WA  98418
Phone: (253) 272-2400
Fax:     (253) 267-8947
www.washingtonlaw.net<http://www.washingtonlaw.net/>

THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT ONLY.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY ALL COPIES