[WSBARP] Recovering Subsurface Mineral Rights

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Sun Jan 11 16:30:22 PST 2015

Good afternoon WSBARP,

A client owns a real property for which a prior owner, a couple decades
back, reserved subsurface mineral rights. The client recently learned that
a neighbor had been successful in recovering their subsurface mineral
rights from the same prior owner some time ago and has asked me about doing
the same.

Anybody have any experience with doing something similar? I'd like to help,
but I'm not sure how I would begin... Quiet title action and hope for a
default? Some sort or statute of limitation on mineral rights to which I am
not aware? Another option? Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
David