[WSBARP] Reality Check - UD at a Mobile Home Park

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Thu Jan 8 11:24:45 PST 2015

Stephen,

I've only done a couple of a mobile home foreclosures-post eviction.  Never
pretty.  Legal cost versus return.

I've cut and paste below my chattel lien notice which I prepared and
recorded to file a lien pursuant to RCW 60.72 and then rolled into the
personal property foreclosure.  Once the sale was completed by a credit
sale to the landlord I had no issues, as I recall, with DOL on transferring
title.  Though, anything with DOL is always a nightmare when transferring
mobile home titles.

Call if you have any questions.

*Robert R. Rowley* | Attorney at Law

505 W. Riverside Ave, Suite 500

Spokane, WA  99201

Telephone: (509) 252-5074

Mobile: (509) 994-1143

Facsimile: (509) 928-3084

Email: rob at rowleylegal.com

Web Site: www.rowleylegal.com

Return Address:

Robert R. Rowley

Attorney & Counselor at Law

PO Box 11766

Spokane, WA  99211-1766

*____________________________________________________________________________________*

                                                  *CHATTEL LIEN NOTICE*

*Claimant(s):                 XXXXXX PROPERTIES, INC.*

*Legal Owner(s):           XXXXXXXX*

*Registered Owner(s):   XXXXXXX*

*____________________________________________________________________________________*

               NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Claimant named above
claims a Chattel Lien, created by RCW 60.72.010, in favor of XXXXXX
Properties, Inc., in the amount of $1,320.00, for and on account of
labor, skill and material expended upon the following Collateral: 1969
TNC MOBILE HOME, SERIES XXXX, WHITE/BLUE, VIN XXXX, LICENSE NO XXXXX.

               This lien was completed on the 7th day of September, 2010.

XXXXXXX PROPERTIES, INC.

BY_________________________________________

CLAIMANT

STATE OF CALIFORNIA       )

)ss.

County of Contra Costa           )

XXXXXXXXX, being sworn, says:  I am the President for the claimant above
named; I have read or heard the foregoing claim, read and know the contents
thereof, and believe the same to be true and correct and that the claim of
lien is not frivolous and is made with reasonable cause, and is not clearly
excessive under penalty of perjury.

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this ______ day of ____________, 2010.

NOTARY PUBLIC for CALIFORNIA

My commission expires __________________________