[WSBARP] Reality Check - UD at a Mobile Home Park

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 10:54:30 PST 2015

I am evicting from a mobile home park a tenant who owns the mobile home.  I
have already obtained a default judgment and the Writ. (Straight Chapter
59.20 except for those sections in 59.12 and 59.18 brought in by 59.20.040.)

1.       The local friendly Sheriff just sent a form letter to the tenant
informing the tenant of the Writ and quoted 59.18.312 law about LL storage
of T's personal property.  I called the Sheriff's office and asked "what
gives?,  this eviction is under 59.20 as a mobile home, not 59.18  under WA
Residential LL/T law.  59.18.312 has absolutely no application in this
eviction.  I don't want my LL to think it has to follow this law and I
certainly don't want the T (or the Deputy Sheriff who will be there on the
day of the eviction) to think that the LL has to follow 59.18.312"   The
Sheriff's answer was that they are still required "by law" to give the
notice and this is part of their "form letter."  Are they correct?

2.       After much review, it seems to me that, if T leaves the mobile home
in place, LL's only remedy regarding removal of the mobile home and all of
its contents is to follow the LL lien process.  Is this correct?