[WSBARP] Effect of Lender Foreclosure on Easement Agreement

Klinger, Dustin R. Dustin.Klinger at MillerNash.com
Wed Feb 18 11:51:50 PST 2015

Ron-  Maybe I am not tracking here, but as I read your description, it is the benefited party/parcel that was subject to foreclosure, not the burdened parcel A.  Is that correct?

If no part of B was conveyed or encumbered, so I don't see how the burdening encumbrance on A could be extinguished by the foreclosure of B.  It was the dominant estate that was foreclosed, but maybe you really have more than an easement, so if it could be characterized as an encumbering burden on B, then maybe the arguments below fit.

From: wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbarp-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of swhite8893 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:04 AM
To: wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Effect of Lender Foreclosure on Easement Agreement

I agree with John. The security interest created by the Deed of Trust is as to the unencumbered parcel, and that is what is foreclosed upon. But I think John makes an excellent point that the easement is only extinguished if the dominant estate is given notice.

Steve

Stephen Whitehouse
Whitehouse & Nichols, LLP
Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 1273
601 W. Railroad Ave.
Shelton, Wa. 98584
360-426-5885
swhite8893 at aol.com<mailto:swhite8893 at aol.com>

Dustin R. Klinger, P.C.
Partner

Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
500 Broadway Street | Suite 400 | Vancouver, Washington 98660
Office: 360.699.4771 | Fax: 360.694.6413
E-Mail<mailto:Dustin.Klinger at MillerNash.com> | Bio<http://www.millernash.com/Dustin-R-Klinger> | Social<http://www.linkedin.com/company/23052?trk=NUS_DIG_CMPY-fol> | Blogs<http://www.millernash.com/resources/xpqGC.aspx?xpST=Blogs>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this message by mistake, please do not review, disclose, copy, or distribute the e-mail. Instead, please notify us immediately by replying to this message or telephoning us. Thank you.