[WSBARP] Q re Amendment provision

Jennifer Y. Sohn jennifer at sohn-law.com
Thu Feb 5 14:25:04 PST 2015

You are right. It is just an agreement among the tenants in common. It shouldn't even be called a partnership agreement. They want to accomplish 2 goals: (1) to ensure that the current guys get to deal amongst themselves first a third party gets involved, and (2) to create a market for their partial interests in real property in the event any one of them needs/wants to sell. I believe these are buy-sell concepts. If we don't call it a partnership agreement and call it an agreement among tenants in common, does that change your analysis?

Thanks for any insight.

Best,

Jennifer