[WSBARP] REET question

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Wed Dec 2 20:27:14 PST 2015

I do not think Community Property/Dissolution exemption will work, unless you have some type of court order dividing the property.

The WAC specifically state that if you transfer 50% or more of an ownership interest in an entity, including an LLC, in any 12-month period, that the REET will be due on the value of the interest transferred.

You could pay the tax and then request a refund  based on your particular circumstances, but I think it will be a long-shot.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.
103 E. Indiana Avenue, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99207-2317
Voice:  509-326-7500
Fax:      509-326-7503
jjdawes at goregrewe.com<mailto:jjdawes at goregrewe.com>
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL.