[WSBARP] probate - hawaii timeshare condo

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Thu Aug 20 09:25:12 PDT 2015

When I was practicing in Hawaii (two and a half decades ago), some timeshares were set up as interests in real property, some were set up as basically contractual interests. So it depends. Is the decedent's interest evidenced by a document (probably a deed) recorded in the Bureau of Conveyances (recording statewide is in a single office, in Honolulu)? Or is it an unrecorded interest?

THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com