[WSBARP] Unlawful Detainer, Mail Notice and then Post

hhherman2 hhherman2 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 18:14:46 PDT 2015

Gentlemen,

Paul, in answer to your questions, I have attached what I believe to be the authority for my statement. Perhaps I am overly cautious in my interpretation of the statutes and rules, but I am always on the alert for a defective service since I do mostly defense work.

When I represent the landlord, I say, ”This 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate was placed in the United States Postal Service at Spokane Washington on the ______ day of ___________  20___ at the hour of _______, addressed to _________________ at _____________________ by certified mail return receipt.

That way no arguments.

Josh, The landlord lawyers are always telling me that “diligence” is not required, but I have attached authority which I think is to the contrary.

Thanks for your questions and discussion.

Howard Herman

Herman Herman & Jolley PS

509.220.58910