[WSBARP] Unlawful detainer - timing show cause

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Nov 26 13:58:08 PST 2014

Listmates

I only do UD/s about once a year.  this is a residential tenancy. We are not worried about a deficiency judgment., client just wants probable drug user out and our basis is failure pay rent. we have served 3 day notice to pay or vacate.  got only a partial payment of rent, and now additional months are owing.

Do you set the date out near the end of the 30 days on the order to show cause so that you have plenty of time to arrange to get the order to show cause etc served?

and do you put the date for response on the eviction summons a day before the hearing (even if that is over 20 days?) so that when you get to the hearing you can get a default and  Order (of eviction) ON Show cause entered at the same time?

thanks

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 619