[WSBARP] Pass through sale structure

Craig Gourley Craig at snocolegal.com
Tue May 13 11:30:09 PDT 2014

I don't know of any way you can avoid letting the LLP know without doing a
double closing.  We have had this question several times before and we
refuse to do the closing if there is no disclosure.  I think you have
excise issues in addition to the federal tax issues the Seller is going to
incur.  How would your 1099 read?   We suggest that the middle guy charge
an assignment fee to the Buyer which is disclosed on the HUD.  Our policy
for escrow is disclose the fee or do a double closing and pay the double
excise.

Gourley | Hembree

1002 Tenth Street/PO Box 1091

Snohomish, WA 98291