[WSBARP] confirmation of sales

Tom J. Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Fri May 23 15:21:31 PDT 2014

Hi Rob,

Since RCW 6.21.110 provides in pertinent part: “The judgment creditor or
successful purchaser at the sheriff's sale is entitled to an order
confirming the sale at any time after twenty days have elapsed from the
mailing of the notice of the filing of the sheriff's return, on motion
with notice given to all parties…”, I always took this to mean that the
successful purchaser was entitled to one but not that the judgment
creditor or their attorney needed to do the work. I don’t think the word
“entitled” means they don’t have to do anything – I think it means they
are entitled to get it if they request it from the Court.

But, don’t have any authority for my position….just common reading.

Regards, Tom