[WSBARP] [SPAM] HOA ?

Spencer Stromberg spencers at sullivanstromberg.com
Fri Mar 14 12:56:55 PDT 2014

I think Ron is right to start with RCW 64.38. I think your HOA is governed
by that chapter even if the bylaws don't specifically mention it. Here is
the definition from RCW 64.38.010:

 (11) "Homeowners' association" or "association" means a corporation,
unincorporated association, or other legal entity, each member of which is
an owner of residential real property located within the association's
jurisdiction, as described in the governing documents, and by virtue of
membership or ownership of property is obligated to pay real property
taxes, insurance premiums, maintenance costs, or for improvement of real
property other than that which is owned by the member. "Homeowners'
association" does not mean an association created under chapter 64.32 or
64.34 RCW.

Even an unincorporated association is subject to 64.38., brought in by
virtue of its function and membership, rather than by adopting the statute
or being formed under it in some way.

Spencer A. W. Stromberg
Sullivan Stromberg, PLLC
827 W. 1st Avenue, Suite 425
Spokane, WA 99201-3914
509.413.1004
509.413.1078 Fax

www.sullivanstromberg.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential
and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution, or use
of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify me by returning it to the sender and delete
this copy from your system.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:  To ensure compliance with requirements
imposed by the IRS, please be advised that any U.S. tax advice contained
in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or
written to be used or relied upon, and cannot be used or relied upon, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or
(ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction
or matter addressed herein.