[WSBARP] DSHS Won't Provide A Payoff Of Lien In A Closing To An Attorney But Will Do So With A Title Company- Thoughts?

Clark, Catherine Cat at loccc.com
Wed Dec 31 15:39:25 PST 2014

On what statute/rule does DSHS base its position?

Instead of a quiet title action (which I think is the seller’s job to file assuming the PSA has the appropriate language in it), why not file a declaratory judgment action against DSHS with a request for an order compelling it to give up the payoff amount?  When you file, deposit also the money in the court registry and ask the court to cut off the accruing interest as of the date of the first refusal by DSHS to provide a payoff.

Catherine C. Clark
Law Office of Catherine C. Clark PLLC
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4105
Seattle, WA  98104