[WSBARP] Referral for counsel re: purchase at foreclosure auction

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:21:19 PST 2014

Craig, I know this isn't what you asked but remember to advise your client
to be very careful because, sometimes, HOA foreclosures are not what they
seem to be.  In one HOA foreclosure sale, I called the HOA's attorney and
reviewed the court files and discovered that the first lienholder (B of A)
paid the six months back dues, and was dismissed from the lawsuit, thereby
preserving its priority position.  I almost bought a $90k  condo for $12K
but subject to a $100k loan in first place and 3 years in default.  Not
good.