[WSBARP] Violation of Real Property Restraining Order

Rob Wilson-Hoss rob at hctc.com
Mon Aug 4 09:42:51 PDT 2014

Certainly, that is likely to happen. But contempt actions often have lives
of their own. Many times the first time the judge wags a finger and
assesses a small part of your fees, and if that doesn't work, the
subsequent hearings escalate the finger wagging. And you will hear from
opposing counsel all sorts of slanders about your own client in response.
It can be frustrating and expensive for your client. A strategy some of us
have used is to paper the file with lots of attempts to convince the
opposing counsel to convince his client  to stop the nonsense, with lots
of proof included such as pictures and statements.  Let the other side dig
a really deep hole. Then you put on your white hat and go to your contempt
hearing able to show the judge how reasonable you have (and your client
has) been. This can accelerate the judicial reactions.

Just remember when you are writing the letters, you are not writing them
to opposing counsel or his client, you are writing them to the trial judge
and the court of appeals.

Rob

Robert D. Wilson-Hoss
Hoss & Wilson-Hoss, LLP
236 West Birch Street
Shelton, WA 98584
360 426-2999

www.hossandwilson-hoss.com
rob at hctc.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, you are
hereby notified that any use, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify
us by reply e-mail or by telephone (call us collect at the number listed
above) and immediately delete this message and any and all of its
attachments.  Thank you.

This office does debt collection and this e-mail may be an attempt to
collect a debt, Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
To the extent the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. §
1692) applies this firm is acting as a debt collector for the
condominium/homeowners' association named above to collect a debt owed to
it. Any information obtained will be used for collection purposes. You
have the right to seek advice of legal counsel.