[WSBARP] feedback re: county tax assessment appeal?

Kokie Adams Kadams at purcelladams.com
Wed Aug 13 13:42:16 PDT 2014

Each time I have appealed my home’s assessment I have done the following:

·        used the property value search engine provided by King County –
it take some patience

·        looked for less and more expensive homes in my quadrant that were
sold within the past 3 years and then shown how they were either similar
(if less $) or different (if more $)

·        kept flyers from homes in my neighborhood (Green lake) that were
recently sold (because they have photos of the interiors) in order to show
that those homes had renovations

·        attached photos of my home to show that it is not remodeled
(kitchen and bathroom remodels can really add value)

·        Drew a map of my neighborhood and showed the close proximity of
my home to “less attractive” areas (e.g. close to busy road, near
commercial area, etc.)

·        Suggested a lower value that was “within reason”

In two cases the County stipulated to the value and in one case I had to
meet with a person from BOE and walk him through my argument before
getting the reduction.

Hope this is helpful

Kokie Adams

Purcell & Adams, PLLC

Office:  425.774.0444 | Fax: 425.771.2711

kadams at purcelladams.com