[WSBARP] Service animal verses covenants

Craig Gourley Craig at snocolegal.com
Wed Apr 2 14:25:30 PDT 2014

Listmates, Looking for input on an issue that I am sure some of you have
already dealt with.  Condo declaration states no dogs larger than 20
pounds.  New owner acquires a dog substantially larger that barks all the
time and she does not clean up after it.   When approached by the Board,
she claims it is a service dog and the board can not touch her.  Her
"proof" that its a service dog is certificate declaring the dog is a "
registered emotional support animal"  from an outfit in Scottsdale Az
called  Register My Service Animal LLC. I know we can request a copy of
the prescription from a healthcare professional but those appear to be
easily obtained.   Any ADA experts out there willing to share if ANY rules
apply to this person or does she get a blank check for bad behavior?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Gourley | Hembree

1002 Tenth Street/PO Box 1091

Snohomish, WA 98291

(360) 568-5065 (phone) (800) 291-8401

(360) 568-8092 (fax)

Craig at 1031exchange.net

===============================
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbarp - OR - send a
message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from the
wsbarp list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.