[WSBARP] RE Contract Forfeiture - address and other problems.

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Tue Apr 1 11:03:31 PDT 2014

I served a notice of intent to forfeit a real estate contract on the buyer
using 3 possible addresses, Certfied mail RRR.  Two came back as
undeliverable.  We are still waiting to get something on the third from
the post office.

What happens if buyer never signs for the notice?  Do we have to record a
new one and have buyer personally served?

In this case a "soon to be ex-wife of the purchaser" may be confirming by
email that the third address was valid.  Would that cure the problems of
not getting his signature?  And finally, the "soon to be ex-wife" never
signed the contract, but it was listed as purchaser being H, as his
separate property. Apparently, buyer did not get title insurance,
apparently.   If this "soon to be ex-wife" turns out having been married
when the contract was signed, and we have learned that subsequent to
mailing the notice, do we have to start over and serve her?

Thanks.

Joshua F. Grant
Wilbur, WA 99185

t 509 647 5578
f 509 647 2734
===============================
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbarp - OR - send a
message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from the
wsbarp list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.