[WSBAPT] Referral for Intestate Probate with Potential Litigation

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Mar 5 12:05:29 PST 2024

Greetings List Members -

I write today with a referral option. The real property is in King County
(believe it is south of I90 - don't know precisely).

1) I have an Estate Planning client who is a distant relative of a man who
passed in October 2023. The decedent was divorced (his ex-wife is living in
the house that is in his name only) and has no issue.

2) The PC employed the services of Leslie Lawson to conduct the heir
search. It was thorough and now complete.  The results are such that the PC
is a beneficiary of 1/3 of 1/12 of the entire estate.

3) There is a house (in King County) that should have several hundred
thousand in equity. Any other assets are unknown at this time.

4) The PC has NO MONEY and would need to work with someone who would take
payment for services prior to distribution. Even paying the upfront costs
will be a challenge.

5) The Ex-Wife of the Decedent has apparently taken a hostile position and
will likely need to be evicted once an administrator is appointed.

Looking for someone that I can connect my client with as I just do not have
the bandwidth to take this on at the time being. I let the PC know that I
would provide her with names of potential attorneys by the end of the day
on Thursday (tomorrow, 3/6/2024).

Please feel free to self-refer if this may be a good fit for you or your
firm.

Thank you,

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

*Mailing Address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

For All Meetings & Scheduling: info at williams-ruthlaw.com

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /