[WSBAPT] missing trust

Shannon Jones shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
Tue Mar 5 07:57:00 PST 2024

Listmates, The decedent's last Will was admitted to probate and leaves all of the estate to the only surviving adult child. There is a predeceased child with a couple surviving children of her own. The primary estate asset is real property with a few mobile homes on it, everything modest value. Title has confirmed the property was deeded to a "living trust" a few years before death. We cannot find the trust after diligent search.  Interestingly, we had no problem finding the original Will along with DPOAs, healthcare directives, etc. for the decedent and her spouse who died a few years before. The Will didn't mention anything about a trust. The attorney who drafted the deed voluntarily resigned from the WA bar after discipline and moved out of state and is no longer practicing law anywhere I can find. Do I file a quiet title to remove the trust as a "cloud" alleging there is no trust in existence that we know of? A TEDRA? Note a hearing in the probate court? Without finding any trust document we know nothing about it except the deed says the decedent was the trustee. Based on what I've found about the attorney who drafted the deed, I'm not sure the decedent even executed a trust document - Shannon

[cid:image001.png at 01DA6ED2.B345BB10]
Shannon R. Jones | Attorney
Campbell Barnett PLLC
Direct:  253.848.3515
Office: 253.848.3513| Fax: 253.845.4941
317 South Meridian
Puyallup, WA 98371
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com<mailto:shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com>
campbellbarnettlaw.com<https://campbellbarnettlaw.com/>

This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.