[WSBAPT] What if no named PR is qualified to serve?

Ryan Castle ryan at ryancastlelawfirm.com
Wed Jan 31 12:56:19 PST 2024

Listmates,
I have never run into this before, but what options are available if no
named personal representative in a will is qualified to serve? There are
incapacity and crimes of moral turpitude issues for all three named PRs.
And there does not appear to be any unnamed friend or other family member
willing to petition to be PR.

Are we just left with a "contract service provider with the office of
public guardianship and conservatorship" under RCW 11.28.120(7)? The other
possibilities listed under the RCW don't exist, are not applicable, or are
disqualified. How does the process with the office of public guardianship
work? Do they get paid from the estate? Do we petition the court to appoint
at random a contract service provider?

Any advice is most welcome.

--

Ryan Castle