[WSBAPT] Farms and LLCs

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Jan 30 14:31:37 PST 2024

While reasonable minds can differ, I don't believe in such a thing as "the right insurance".  Call me cynical but it isn't unheard of that an insurance company will refuse coverage if they can find anyway to not pay.  I have been hearing about this firsthand with the Grey fire here.  I always recommend an LLC for rental property of any type, but farms, in particular.  I also consider whose using whose equipment because and what other property may exist on farmland (for example a residence or two) to determine if more than one LLC makes sense, or if what gets put into the single LLC needs to have excluded property that most folks consider farm property.

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden, P.S.
717 W. Sprague Ave., Suite 1500
Spokane, WA  99201
djkiepe at depdslaw.com
509-455-5300

KINDLY ALLOW 2-4 WORKING DAYS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE TO NON-URGENT EMAILS.  FEEL FREE TO SEND YOUR EMAIL (OR RESEND YOUR EMAIL AS THE CASE MAY BE) MARKED URGENT IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

DISCLAIMER: the preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential information protected by law, the attorney-client privilege or other privilege.  This communication is intended to be private and may not be recorded or copied without the consent of the author.  If you believe this message has been sent in error, REPLY to sender and then DELETE this message.  Thank you.