[WSBAPT] Resolving Potential Conflict Between Will and TODD

Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com Jeff at bellanddavispllc.com
Fri Jan 26 13:24:45 PST 2024

Mark,

When I do a TODD, I assume the client is trying to avoid probate all
together.  It works best if there is only one heir.  Make the client name
that heir as POD beneficiary on all financial accounts.  There may be issues
about vehicles, but if the heir is a blood relative, I just transfer it via
the Affidavit of Inheritance provided by the Department of Licensing.

If you see the need to probate, anyway, then I like your proposed language,
but I also agree with the other comment that the TODD probably takes over
the Will, even without the language.  Having said that, if you need to
probate, I believe, and title people can correct me, that title companies
prefer a PR's deed over TODD to insure.

Jeff

W. Jeff Davis

BELL & DAVIS PLLC

Attorneys at Law
P.O. Box 510

720 E. Washington Street, Suite 105
Sequim WA 98382
Phone: (360) 683.1129
Fax: (360) 683.1258
email: jeff at bellanddavispllc.com <mailto:jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
 <http://www.bellanddavispllc.com/> www.bellanddavispllc.com

confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please e-mail the sender at  <mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
info at bellanddavispllc.com  or call 360.683.1129.