[WSBAPT] Order Compelling Chase to deliver funds

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Fri Jan 12 07:09:38 PST 2024

Good Morning -

I have a new case where we are starting probate in part to obtain funds held at Chase Bank ($124k). There is no designated beneficiary on the account and it is titled solely in the decedent’s name.

Does anyone have an Order they might be willing to share that has worked to compel Chase Bank to deliver funds? Or does anyone have a contact at Chase Bank that has been helpful to work with in these situations? I worked with Chase Bank on a different matter last year and was completely and utterly frustrated with them.

There is California counsel working on a Trust in this same matter, and she has been trying for months to get Chase to release funds from this account and a different account titled in the Trust. She states that Chase Bank indicated at one point that both Co-Trustees (same folks as Co-PRs: one in Texas and one in California) would need to go to the same bank at the same time and request the funds.

She has challenged me to a friendly race to see who gets funds first - the probate or the Trust but she has a significant head start! ;-)

I appreciate any assistance or insight you might have into obtaining the funds.

Amy

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>