[WSBAPT] Is entering a deceased person's home a civil matter or a crime

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Tue Feb 13 02:00:27 PST 2024

Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

February 9, 2024

Mimi, Jim, and Joshua,

Thank you for your comments. It is a frustrating situation.

 As it turns out, daughter has just turned 18.  I had not realized this
as I was aware that child is still in high school.
EX-W spoke to sheriff's at length outside the presence of Aunt.
Presumably, EX-W told sheriff that child is 18 and intends to Petition
to be PR.  Although it sounds like Sheriff's are pretty hands off in
these situations, Sheriff may  reasonably have believed  Ex-W and gang
entered home with legitimate motives (despite removing screws and
disabling cameras.)

The background is that two years ago, we had Ex-W/ Mom removed as
Guardian for IP due to fraudulent guardian reports and theft of funds.
If she enters again, we'll let sheriff know of prior fraud and theft of
IP funds.

Aunt's concern is not that EX-W be prosecuted. Rather, that ExW not be
involved in the probate of estate, that she not break into house
anymore, and that she not be re-appointed as Guardian.  As child has
priority to act as PR, my client (Aunt), will wait to see if she
petitions within 45 days. If so, Aunt will object. If not, she'll
petition.

I'd like to think any probate court can see that Ex-W would be directing
18 year old child not in a good way and not make that appointment.

Thanks again!

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 940