[WSBAPT] Is this CPA worded so as to pass title to real property?

Stuart Scarff stuart at scarfflaw.com
Wed Feb 7 14:02:16 PST 2024

Genissa,

Provided the CPA leaves the deceased spouse’s share of the community property to the surviving spouse and the CPA confirms the real property in question was “community” property, the CPA controls the disposition of the real property and the language regarding the Husband preparing a Will devising the subject real property to the wife is superfluous and was possibly an attempt to ensure the Husband’s intent was followed. A probate may be needed to distribute the deceased spouse’s separate property not disposed of under the CPA.

Stuart Scarff, Esq.
3035 Island Crest Way, Suite 201
Mercer Island, WA  98040
206.236.1500
206.905.5912 (fax)
www.scarfflaw.com<http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
[Description: FaceBook-icon]<http://www.facebook.com/ScarffLawFirm>  [Description: Linked-In-icon] <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stuart-scarff/2/706/97>     [cid:image003.png at 01DA59CE.3F7BE470] <http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
This message and any attachments hereto are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify me immediately that you received this message in error; and do not copy, disclose or distribute this message to anyone.