[WSBAPT] Reporting Change of PR to IRS

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Mon Sep 25 10:39:26 PDT 2023

If a Form 56 is filed with the IRS, the Form 56 should be terminated if the fiduciary leaves office and a new fiduciary is named.  See §6903(a).  To terminate a Form 56, use Part II of the form.  The new fiduciary should file a new Form 56, and the Part II of the form permits the former fiduciary to inform the IRS of the name and address of the new fiduciary.
Phil Jones

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP
900 S.W. Fifth Ave. Suite 2500