[WSBAPT] Old Probate

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Tue Sep 12 11:22:54 PDT 2023

I did check the title. It is in Mother-in-law’s name. The taxpayer is indicated as “Estate of Mother-in-Law.”

The house is just a few doors down from the former PR, so she takes at least some care of the house, lawn, etc.

There was no probate of Kid A, client’s wife.

Kid C died in 2022 and a probate was done by his sister, Kid B, same P.R. as for mother-in-law’s estate.

Client reports that Kid B bamboozled decent Kid C’s son into signing a Receipt for his distributive share of his father’s estate.

I haven’t done a Partition action so that would be an interesting avenue.