[WSBAPT] Merrill Lynch wanting death certificate of first nominated POA

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Sat Oct 7 08:19:22 PDT 2023

          I have not followed this entire thread, so perhaps I am missing something, but I always prepare separate POAs for each of the successor agents in case agents with higher priority have died. Each POA is totally silent about the other POAs and whether an agent with higher priority is dead or alive.  That way, the bank teller has no reason to ask about the death of the others.
I put the order of priority in a separate letter to the agents.  The bank never sees the letter.
This does raise the risk that one of the agents will try to steal all of the money while the other agents are still alive.  But if you don’t trust the agents, you need to find different agents.
The important thing is to not give the bank anything to ask about.  Ever.
Phil Jones