[WSBAPT] Advances on Inheritance

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Oct 5 15:59:21 PDT 2023

There will be no gift implications to the recipients (assume WA residents).

There will be, per the code, a tax filing requirement but most likely a zero-tax owed (unless already gifted over 12M each husband and wife).  Form 709 - user friendly, especially for cash gifts.

I personally would consider a time value of money and would also formalize the advance in a brief TEDRA, which could also serve as a receipt.

Best of luck,

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden, P.S.
717 W. Sprague Ave., Suite 1500
Spokane, WA  99201
djkiepe at depdslaw.com<mailto:djkiepe at depdslaw.com>
509-455-5300

KINDLY ALLOW 2-4 WORKING DAYS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE TO NON-URGENT EMAILS.  FEEL FREE TO SEND YOUR EMAIL (OR RESEND YOUR EMAIL AS THE CASE MAY BE) MARKED URGENT IN THE SUBJECT LINE.