[WSBAPT] selling mortgaged real property in a probate

Bruce Moen brm at moenlaw.com
Thu Oct 5 12:04:30 PDT 2023

I've had this many, many times.

Three responses:

1.  As suggested, report to the mortgage company and request some slack.

2.  Race the mortgage company.  Once the foreclosure starts, calculate the time required for the foreclosure process to competition. List, sell and close within the required time frame. Risk: liability if you guess wrong and cannot close.

3.  Borrow hard money.  Risk:  the heirs/ devisees may object to the high interest rates.

  Bruce Moen