[WSBAPT] level of distrust/animosity of PR reason for removal

Shannon Jones shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
Wed Oct 4 11:01:07 PDT 2023

As relates to a fiduciary (trustee):
A Trustee may be removed and a successor appointed for reasonable cause, which may include a conflict of interest between the trustee beneficiary and other trust beneficiaries. See RCW 11.98.039 and also Waits v. Hamlin, 55 Wn.App. 193, 776 P.2d, 1003 (1989).  A court has discretion to remove a trustee on the ground that bad will or ill feeling between the trustee and the beneficiaries would be detrimental to execution of the Trust. See Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Ctr v Holman, 107 Wn.2d 693, 732 P.2d 974(1987).