[WSBAPT] Double probate?

Nick Pleasants npleasants at ohswlaw.com
Tue Nov 14 10:39:11 PST 2023

If the transfer is only real estate, I would talk to a title company about using a Lack of Probate Affidavit to process those transfers. I agree with Diane, consideration should be given to how son’s estate is passing. If son is the only heir of mom, then mom’s interest can usually be transferred to son using LOPA. Then just analyze whether son’s interest meets requirements to use LOPA. If the non-real property portion of the son’s estate is under $100,000, then that should be transferrable using small estate affidavit, unless there is a specific need for letters testamentary (e.g. brokerage account or IRA without designated beneficiaries, etc.).
Best,
Nick
Nicholas Pleasants | Shareholder

[OseranHahnAttyatLaw 8]

11225 SE 6th Street | Suite 100 | Bellevue, WA 98004
Main: (425) 455-3900 | Fax: (425) 455-9201 | E-mail: npleasants at ohswlaw.com<mailto:npleasants at ohswlaw.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message contains information belonging to the law firm of Oseran Hahn, P.S., which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected from disclosure. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.